Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kayak.com selling tickets aboard "LOST" Oceanic Flight 815

In a previous blog post, I discussed the need to be remarkable in building your brand. Well this is being remarkable.

Kayak.com is offering a one way flight on board Oceanic Flight 815 from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles on September 22, 2010...replicating the famous flight from "LOST". It is advertised for the low price of $4839 US, but when you click to select the flight, you are taken to a Lostpedia page about the show and the flight.


As Seth Godin states in his book, Purple Cow, being remarkable means worthy of being remarked about. This tactic by Kayak.com is something that people will talk about and spread through social media, thus creating greater awareness of the Kayak brand.

To find the flight, I had to do some searching on the Kayak site and I found out how easy it is to use, how many flight options are available, how many airlines they include, etc. I got a great introduction to their platform and, although I've heard of the company before, this was the first time I visited their site. The next time I'm booking travel, they are likely to be top of mind as a vehicle to try. They don't have a sale, yet, but they have my attention. Mission accomplished for that tactic.

For the record, I heard about this via Guy Kawasaki on Twitter @GuyKawasaki. He provides a steady stream of cool and thought provoking content.

No comments:

Post a Comment